As much as we wish we could, we can’t always go to our family and friends for unbiased advice or assistance. Family and friends will sometimes sugarcoat topics that you need to hear candidly. Or, they may unintentionally discourage you from taking steps towards your new future based on how they perceive your limitations… With advice such as this, you may find yourself discouraged by the advice and/or opinions of others. We must remember not to focus on the opinions of those who do not understand your vision and, more importantly, to work with those who can really guide you toward your goals. It is also important that you have someone who can help you learn from past mistakes and failures. With Angela J Thompson you can look forward to straightforward advice that can help pull you out of traps many have fallen into. She will guide you to take active steps towards achieving health and wealth, while maintaining your sanity and taking time to enjoy your accomplishments, along the way.
Conversations with Angela started when a busy CEO of a Real Estate based company started getting too many personal chatty calls from her friends and realized “they” were enjoying them too much! Time is money she told herself, but then again, she was not losing money. She had figured out how to chat while working. There was a looming question though, who could she call for an un biased girlfriend, mother/daughter, sister/friend type chat without wearing out her close family and friends?
CEO/Author/Producer/Speaker/Motivator will inspire you in more of a kick your butt fashion. Contact her when failure is not an option!
The 9 Steps from Employee to Entrepreneur
1. Start with a clear end goal in mind: You can’t reach your goals if you don’t have any goals.
2. Find people who can help you: Mentors can help you navigate your new course and help you stay on the right path. Choose people who are already successful entrepreneurs. The wrong advice from the wrong person can set you back.
3. Identify your customers: Who will be buying your product or service? How will you market to them?
4. Develop your plan: Know where you are going, and have your map on how to get there.
5. Act outside of the box: Thinking outside of the box is nothing if there is no action behind the thought.
6. Set It Up: Start to sell your product
7. Get Feedback: Listen to the compliments and criticisms of your customers. Adjust as necessary
8. Rework your budget and marketing plan: Start to plan for the transition to work on your business full time.
9. Leave your job: The time will come when you will need to make the choice to leave your current position and work on your new venture full time or stay where you are. The numbers don’t lie. Look at them.
My Daily To-Do List to Build a
1. Wake up early
2. Meditate and/or pray
3. Exercise or stretch
4. Plan your day and prioritize the things you need to get done
5. Take an uninterrupted break for at least 30 minutes. You will feel recharged and refreshed as you go to finish your day
6. End your day with an overview of what was accomplished and what needs to be done. Make sure you are on track for weekly goals. Adjust your plan as necessary.
The Importance of giving in order
to Start Receiving
In order to receive, we must give. When we think about giving, we often think about giving in the form of physical gifts. Though physical gifts are one way to give, we can give our time through acts of service. When we take the time to volunteer, mentor, and teach, we open ourselves up receive those same gifts back. While doing these acts of service, we meet people from all walks of life. These people are those whom we can help, who can help us, or refer us to someone who can make an impact on our lives.